Things Get Painted - Infinity Haqqislam

The gang's all here!

And it only took a year...

Oh well, I finally got my old Haqqislam models painted up. With a colour scheme stolen from some form of electric rodent, these I've been knocking round my brain for a while, and my painting desk for the last year or so. It's been good to get them finished up, and I got to try a few things along the way.

These were another chance to try out the NMM paint set Vallejo did, which comes with a guide written by Angel Giraldez. I was also curious about the sketch style which has been shown on Contrast Miniatures, so gave it a go on these. I need to work on that a bit more, but while I was aiming for tabletop standard, I'm happy with how these turned out.


The Fiday was my favourite to paint. I liked the pose and the chance to do a few lens and visor parts, and the knife was going to be a fun one to mess with for NMM. I'm slowly getting there with NMM, and know what I need to do next time to get a bit better, which is always a good place to be in.

I also managed to cut the pommel off the knife during cleaning, so there has been a green stuff disc on there instead ever since I started, which seemed odd when I knew the out of place round thing was only there because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.


The Djanbazan was fun as well. It's a lot different to the other models, and the crouched pose actually let me skip a lot if corners I had to take on the others.


The Ghulam were OK, but compared to the other two, painting flesh was another step to add. When I was trying to get them churned out towards the end, knowing they had added an extra step became annoying. Also, I had to fix the female's ATM back on after dropping an iPad on the group and knocking her over. Because destroying something 80% of the way into a project is a skill I have, it would seem.

The bases were a simple cork and texture paste combo, but I think it worked OK as a simple base. It also gave me a chance to try some pigment washes to make the ground all dusty, which was fun.

Anyway, next time, I'll probably end up showing pictures of that thing they are all hiding behind. Until then!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Get Painted: Lessons Learned from Black and White Painting

Things Get Painted: GW Contrast Paints

Things Get Painted - Seishin, and some first impressions of Hexwraith Flame